Welcome to the
United Church of Christ
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and
mind. Love your neighbor as you love yourself
Whoever you are, and wherever you are on life's journey, you are welcome here.
Welcome! Whether you are a member of our church, or looking to try something new, we are glad to have you. We invite you to learn more about our ministries, view our recent sermons and newsletters in the archive, and reach out if we can answer any questions.
First Congregational UCC
Sunday Worship at 10am, in the Sanctuary. Precautions to follow. See below.
Note: Rev. Lance is retiring Oct. 1st. He has a large selection of books including Theology, Bible Study, Church leadership, Philosophy, Science, World Religions, Youth, and Parenting, along with other books and videos. Come to the church during office hours 10:00 am-2:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday if you can use them. They are FREE!
News and Events
Good news -- the Board of Directors has re-opened our sanctuary for 10 am Sunday worship beginning this week (Sept. 20).
However, there will be some necessary precautions and limitations which I call our new "Ten Commandments" of safe gathering:
(1) stay home if you have symptoms of cold/flu
(2) wear a facemask to enter the building
(3) use a squirt of hand sanitizer at the entrance you come in so no virus/germs enter on your hands
(4) greet people with a wave or a bow, do not shake hands nor hug them
(5) take a bulletin off the table
(6) be seated only in pews that are not roped off (which will allow 8-feet space in front of you)
(7) family groups can sit together, couples can sit together, but all others need to allow 6-feet of space beside them in the pew
(8) wear the facemask during the spoken and sung parts of the service (if you need a breathing break, you may take it off during the sermon since you will be neither speaking nor singing)
(9) stay in your pew until the Minister releases you so as not to congest the aisle
(10) do not congregate in the hallways, but go outside into the fresh air to visit with your friends.
Unfortunately, we will not host any coffee hour fellowship time after the service until we can do so safely.
The "virtual" worship services will continue to be up-loaded to our website for the foreseeable future, even though Sunday morning worship has resumed.
May you be safe and healthy at home, and equally safe and healthy as we gather in our sanctuary.
Rev. Paul Lance, Minister (for two more weeks)
Meet the Author
Rev. Keith Titus wrote a book:
“This I Believe”(I think), or “Thus Saith the Lord” (if I heard correctly)
Please join Keith and Ginny on Sunday afternoons on dates, September 13th, 20th, and 27th at 4pm. This will take place in their garden on the corner of First Ave. and Dunbar St.
We have a few copies at the church if you’d like to read it.